Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tote'n Takes Time!!!

Well, this has turned into more of an in depth research problem than I thought it would be. Yep, I've always had a problem with KISS. (Keep it simple, silly). My simple free-motion quilting experiment morphed into this.




I added some cool bold colors to border the painted work, and then finished out the front with the fabric that I'm going to use as the back.




Now, of course, I couldn't just line it. Really, what good is a tote without proper pockets. Now, I don't know if my pockets are "proper" but I think they will have no problem holding my ipod, phone, reading glasses, and note pad, or check book or wallet. On the other side of the inside, I made a single large pocket. I'm hoping it is big enough to hold an electronic reader, if not no biggy...I was too pooped, ok...lazy, to run downstairs to get mine to measure it.


So, with all that, I have only finished the front, inside liner with pockets and started the back. The back will mimic the front with the square quilting without the actual different colors...thought that would bring the whole piece together.



Now, for all you toters out there...phew, how do you do it?!? Tommorrow is mowing and actual housework, I'll see if I can make it make to this in by the afternoon. I am curious how it is going to turn out.
Smiles to All,
Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment