Saturday, May 8, 2010

Enchanted Doll Artist Conference NM

I am so excited!! I just got my money order to send off to New Mexico. Why? I'm going to my first doll conference. HOW COOL!! It is in Albequerque, a place I've never been to, and the first lone vacation I will have, gosh, I think ever taken, now that I think about it. I've always gone on vacations with family, friends, children, co-workers...but huh...the closest thing would be a day seminar in Chicago....
Wow, this is an adventure. I am extremely excited, getting to study under some of today's most popular "funky" doll makers, elinor peace bailey, Patti Culea. I've decided to take the 3 day class in armature making, and dealing with face and hands with polymer clay. I've dabbled with polymer, but have never really pushed myself, so, that's what I am going to do....push and challenge myself.
Very cool that I've got the opportunity and the support to take the time. It isn't until the end of July, plenty of work to do before then. I just wanted to share my excitement!!! Smiles to All, Brenda

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Sounds like a big step for you. You are going to have a BALL!! I know you will be so happy to share your experience here, with us.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brenda,
    got to your blog from a "goggle" for EDAC.
    You'll love it! I went last year for the first time and plan to go again.
    I read your post about your son, I can relate.
    My son (will be 18 this summer) has autism.
    Somedays are tough and for me dollmaking smooths the rough edges. Hang in there, see you in NM.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete